Frequently Asked Questions
- For how long will information be published?
- How do I find out what information is held about me?
- What is a Subject Access Request?
- How do I make a Subject Access Request?
- I'm unable to find the information I'm looking for?
- What is Environmental Information (EIRs)?
- What is the cost for printed information supplied under FOISA & EIRs?
- What is Freedom of Information (FOISA)?
- I'd like to request information who do I contact?
For how long will information be published?
We aim, where possible, to publish information for at least the current and previous two financial years. When we review any document – e.g. our policies – to avoid confusion we will only publish the current version once it has been updated.
How do I find out what information is held about me?
Please see our Fair Processing Notice for further details:
What is a Subject Access Request?
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you a number of rights including the right to find out if an organisation are using or storing your personal data about you. This is called the right of access.
You can exercise this right by asking for a copy of the personal data held, which is known as making a ‘Subject Access Request’.
How do I make a Subject Access Request?
Individuals can make a subject access request verbally or in writing. Your request should include the following information:
- your full name, address and contact telephone number
- any information used by us to identify or distinguish you from someone else of the same name (for example, rent account reference or agreement reference).
- details of the specific information you require and any relevant dates that will help us identify what you want.
For example, you may want to ask for:
- your tenancy file
- emails about a certain issue between two dates or people
You do not have to specify why you want this information. We will respond to your request within one month.
Please contact our office on 0131 458 5480 or email us at Information.Request@prospectch.org.uk
I'm unable to find the information I'm looking for?
Whilst we will try to make all of the information we have detailed available, in rare cases there may be some information that we cannot make available. For example, if it could reveal personal details about an individual. This would be a breach of Data Protection legislation if we were to do so. When this is the case, we will remove any personal details before publication and highlight where and why we have done so.
What is Environmental Information (EIRs)?
The Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 provide a right of access to environmental information held by Scottish Public Authorities.
The definition of environmental information is very broad and includes:
- the environment itself, including air, water, earth, and the habitats of animals and plants;
- other things that affect the environment, such as emissions, radiation, noise and other forms of pollution;
- policies, plans and laws on the environment.
The Regulations are governed by the Scottish Information Commissioner, who is also responsible for the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
What is the cost for printed information supplied under FOISA & EIRs?
What is Freedom of Information (FOISA)?
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 gives everyone a right of access to information held by Scottish public authorities. From 11th November 2019, Registered Social Landlords will be classed as public authorities for the purposes of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) 2002 Act (FOISA).
The aim of the Act is to increase openness and transparency by allowing people to access information about how decisions are taken and how public services are delivered.
Public authorities are under a legal obligation to:
- publish the classes of information that the authority makes routinely available
- tell the public how to access the information and whether information is available free of charge or on payment
Alongside the Act, the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (the EIRs) provide a separate right of access to the environmental information that we hold.
I'd like to request information who do I contact?
You can find our Guide to Information 2020 within the Publications section of our website. If you have any queries about anything contained within our Guide to Information, or if there is some information that you cannot find that you would like to access, please put your request in writing to Information Request, Prospect Community Housing Ltd, 6 Westburn Avenue, Edinburgh EH14 2TH or email Information.Request@prospectch.org.uk.
Get in touch
6 Westburn Ave,