Frequently Asked Questions
- I can't get through to the office out of hours & I have an emergency?
- Can you give me the number for the Council?
- Where do I report neighbour noise complaints?
- What can I do if I cannot afford to pay a rechargeable invoice?
- I'm unhappy about a repair charge that I've been invoiced for?
- How can I become a Prospect Member?
- How do I make a complaint?
- How do I make an appointment to see my Housing Officer?
I can't get through to the office out of hours & I have an emergency?
You should be able to get through to emergency repairs from our mainline number outside of office hours. However, if for some reason this is not possible, you can phone direct: Emergency Gas Heating Repairs 01698 743 609, all other Emergency Repairs 0345 600 1375.
Can you give me the number for the Council?
- You can log and request a special uplift on the City of Edinburgh website, or call them on 0131 529 3030.
- Pest control can be contact on 0131 666 2623 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Local Council Office is located at 10 Westside Plaza, Edinburgh, EH14 2ST. Tel : 0131 527 3800.
Where do I report neighbour noise complaints?
- If you are experiencing noise disturbance from your neighbours you should contact the Noise Team on 0131 529 3030 or Emergency Out of Hours 101. You should then contact a member of the Housing Management team and we can investigate and take appropriate action.
What can I do if I cannot afford to pay a rechargeable invoice?
If you cannot afford to settle the invoice in one lump sum, please contact Lynne McDonald on 0131 272 5028 who can set up a repayment plan for you, which will allow you to pay the invoice off over a period of several months.
I'm unhappy about a repair charge that I've been invoiced for?
If you would like further information about the invoice, or do not feel that the charge is justified, please submit your concerns to Neil Munro our Property Services Manager. You can do this in writing, either by letter or email.
How can I become a Prospect Member?
If you want to get involved in running Prospect you can become a member (it costs just £1 but you have to meet certain conditions). Thereafter, you can vote at our Annual General Meeting for who will be on our management committee, or become a member of the committee.
How do I make a complaint?
You can make a complaint:
- in person
- by telephoning our office on 0131 458 5480
- in writing to 6 Westburn Avenue, Edinburgh EH14 2TH
- using the online form via the Feedback footer on our website
Prospect will aim to respond to all complaints within 5 working days.
How do I make an appointment to see my Housing Officer?
Please contact our office on 0131 458 5480.
Get in touch
6 Westburn Ave,