Frequently Asked Questions
- I can't get through to the office out of hours & I have an emergency?
- Where do I report neighbour noise complaints?
- What can I do if I cannot afford to pay a rechargeable invoice?
- I'm unhappy about a repair charge that I've been invoiced for?
- Can you give me the number for the Council?
- How do I make a complaint?
- How can I access my account online?
- How can I become a Prospect Member?
- How do I make an appointment to see my Housing Officer?
I can't get through to the office out of hours & I have an emergency?
You should be able to get through to emergency repairs from our mainline number outside of office hours. However, if for some reason this is not possible, you can phone direct: Emergency Gas Heating Repairs 01698 743 609, all other Emergency Repairs 0345 604 4686.
Where do I report neighbour noise complaints?
- If you are experiencing noise disturbance from your neighbours you should contact the Noise Team on 0131 529 3030 or Emergency Out of Hours 101. You should then contact a member of the Housing Management team and we can investigate and take appropriate action.
What can I do if I cannot afford to pay a rechargeable invoice?
If you cannot afford to settle the invoice in one lump sum, please contact Lynne McDonald on 0131 272 5028 who can set up a repayment plan for you, which will allow you to pay the invoice off over a period of several months.
I'm unhappy about a repair charge that I've been invoiced for?
If you would like further information about the invoice, or do not feel that the charge is justified, please submit your concerns to Neil Munro our Property Services Manager. You can do this in writing, either by letter or email.
How do I make a complaint?
You can make a complaint:
- in person
- by telephoning our office on 0131 458 5480
- in writing to 6 Westburn Avenue, Edinburgh EH14 2TH
- completing a Feedback form, found by scrolling to the bottom of this page
- emailing us at email@example.com
Prospect will aim to respond to all complaints within 5 working days. After we have fully investigated and replied to your complaint, if you are still dissatisfied with our decision, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO) to look at it.
How can I access my account online?
Please contact Leigh Pettigrew our IT Officer on 0131 272 5010 firstname.lastname@example.org who will help set this up for you.
How can I become a Prospect Member?
If you want to get involved in running Prospect you can become a member (it costs just £1 but you have to meet certain conditions). Thereafter, you can vote at our Annual General Meeting for who will be on our management committee, or become a member of the committee. Complete the Feedback form at the bottom of this page to apply.
How do I make an appointment to see my Housing Officer?
Please contact our office on 0131 458 5480, text us on 07860047548 or email us.
Get in touch
6 Westburn Ave,