Prospect's 30th AGM
Prospect’s 30th Annual General Meeting was held at WHALE Arts on Tuesday 10th September 2019. The meeting opened with a minute’s silence in memory of Keith Noble, a Prospect committee member who passed away earlier this year. Prospect Chairperson, Milind Kolhatkar then spoke about the highlights of 2018-19 which included:
- Plans to build new homes at Kingsknowe
- Investment of £830,000 to improve our properties
- Keeping rent charges affordable with Prospect rents currently below the Edinburgh average for Housing Associations and the City of Edinburgh Council
- Ongoing work with local partners to deliver a range of community projects, including Tasting Change
- Launch of ARCHIE, a new initiative bringing together eight independent Edinburgh based Housing Associations and Co-operatives to work together in areas such as training, procurement and shared services.
After Prospect’s annual audited accounts were formally approved, Property Services Manager Neil Munro provided an overview of the new development at Kingsknowe. He advised the development would be in partnership with J Smart & Co and would incorporate a mixture of social and mid-market rent properties. He also explained the planning process and the next steps for Prospect. Prospect members and guests then enjoyed the annual raffle and took the opportunity to catch up over some light refreshments.
We want to encourage wide membership from all parts of the local community. Prospect members have the opportunity to influence decisions and to help shape how we manage our homes and run the organisation. And being a member means you can attend and vote at our Annual General Meeting. Membership only costs £1. If you would like to know more about joining, please contact us on 0131 458 5480 or email@example.com. You can also download the Membership application.
Get in touch
6 Westburn Ave,